After detecting this little no name gully 4 or 5 times it was getting hard to find a target, but today was my lucky day. I got a broad, mellow inverted signal that gave me a gut feeling I was on something good. It was up on the bank of the gully in some nice red mud. I was hopefull , but so many of these type of targets can be a deep piece of trash. Down a foot or so it was out in the pile and I couldn't see it because it was all covered with slimey mud . I got it in my hand first grab and started mashing up the handful of mud and then I saw the flash of gold. Wow!!! I was in shock for a few minutes. No matter how many times you pull out an ounce plus nugget, the incredible thrill never diminishes. Gpx 5000, and 14"E Nuggetfinder. 1.2 troy ounces.----Bob

post-102-130446078897_thumb.jpg

Congradulations Bob, that's one heck of a nice nugget you have there. I bet that made your day (it would make my whole year).

sourdough

Way to go Bob, now you can join the Motherlode one ounce club!

It took me 9 years to join the 1 ounce club and you did it in a few months! Congrats.

Awesome ouncer, Bob!!! I was beginning to think you'd uprooted yourself to the land of the dinks! Not just an ouncer, but a unique, high character beauty ... These days, that'll be at least a $2500 collectors' piece ... WTG ... Cheers, Unc

Bob,

Now your talking...hit them banks hard, WTG! Robin, say's Wow!!!

LuckyLundy

Bob--what an incredible find! Excellent nugget--a true heart-stopping beauty. And, you're so right about how finding it never gets old.

All the best,

Lanny

After detecting this little no name gully 4 or 5 times it was getting hard to find a target, but today was my lucky day. I got a broad, mellow inverted signal that gave me a gut feeling I was on something good. It was up on the bank of the gully in some nice red mud. I was hopefull , but so many of these type of targets can be a deep piece of trash. Down a foot or so it was out in the pile and I couldn't see it because it was all covered with slimey mud . I got it in my hand first grab and started mashing up the handful of mud and then I saw the flash of gold. Wow!!! I was in shock for a few minutes. No matter how many times you pull out an ounce plus nugget, the incredible thrill never diminishes. Gpx 5000, and 14"E Nuggetfinder. 1.2 troy ounces.----Bob

The legend grows! Another beauty Montana, thank's for sharing it with us! - Terry

King Montana strikes gold again ... WTG Bob ... super chunk! :)

Mike F

It took me 9 years to join the 1 ounce club and you did it in a few months! Congrats.

???Hasn't Montana been detecting along time???

Bob, your now in the Calif. one ouncer club.Thats a keeper for sure.

Harry

Nice Nugget. Cant wait for the day I find mine.

I meant to say the Cali ouncer club!

:lol: Its a secret MOTHER LOAD club :ph34r: I think Bob has found more than his share of ounce and multi ounce nugs , probably more than most peoples lifetime dink count.( hope that sounds right) :P

Jason , sucks that we had to cancel our hunt this week mabe next week there wont be a blazing wildfire so close to the patches