Sign in to follow this  
trinityau

Some crumbs.......

Hey all, I got out for a few hours on friday morning and got a few more crumbs with the GBPro. This is an old patch that has really been hammered and has really hot ground. The ground balance numbers were matching up at 92 and 92, by far some of the worst ground I have had the GBPro over. I kicked the gain down to about 8 o'clock position and it still picked these little ones up at 3 to 4 inches really good. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Hey all, I got out for a few hours on friday morning and got a few more crumbs with the GBPro. This is an old patch that has really been hammered and has really hot ground. The ground balance numbers were matching up at 92 and 92, by far some of the worst ground I have had the GBPro over. I kicked the gain down to about 8 o'clock position and it still picked these little ones up at 3 to 4 inches really good. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Hey Ray, Nice going.

iron mtn.jpeg

Hi Ray -

Nice gold, congrats. Probably not a great idea, however to put the mine / area name in the name of the photos you upload as they can be seen and then folks know where you've been.

Chris

Hey Chris, I never have really worried about that for the last, almost 8 years I guess. The Iron Mtn area only encompasses about 110 square miles of which there are digs all over. I have hit this whole area pretty good over the years and done very well, you could say I have got the cream of the crop. I met a guy the other day out at one of my old haunts and he was telling me about this guy that took pounds out of this particular area and asked me if I had ever heard of the guy, I kind of got that warm feeling and smiled to myself and replied that yes I had heard of something like that. I guess what I am saying is I think I have pretty well had my days up here in this area and anything I get now is just a reminder of old days past. When I do get a little crumb or a decent piece I usually sit there for a minute and wander back to those days.............. I started out hunting gold with a old DI Pro 6000 over at Sawtooth, Nevada, and that has been many years ago. I think alot of us that have detected for a great many years would come to the same conclusion that we are drawing to an end. That is not to say that there are not any good times ahead as I always look forward to the hunt, friends, talk, and even some gold....... sorry, kind of ran away with this. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Ray. My buddy Gregg came up from Modesto yesterday and we worked an almost identical looking spot complete with the manzanita brush. It was an old hammered spot too, but we managed to scrape out 14 tiny nuggets with the GB2 and Minelab 18000. Didn't take any pics of the gold , but I took these this morning on my deck. May 15 , 9 inches of heavy wet snow here at 3800 feet in the Sierra. It was supposed to stay above 5,000 ft. This is insane.----Bob

post-102-130547704425_thumb.jpg

Iron Mt. has been pounded that is for sure, but as you see there is always a bit more waiting for the not faint of heart. Nice find and maybe I’ll see you out there one day.

Cheers,

Howard

Bob this is what is referred to as the Dogwood snow around here. Meaning there is usually always one last snowstorm that comes when the dogwoods are flowering in this area. It seems to happen every year too.

Ray. My buddy Gregg came up from Modesto yesterday and we worked an almost identical looking spot complete with the manzanita brush. It was an old hammered spot too, but we managed to scrape out 14 tiny nuggets with the GB2 and Minelab 18000. Didn't take any pics of the gold , but I took these this morning on my deck. May 15 , 9 inches of heavy wet snow here at 3800 feet in the Sierra. It was supposed to stay above 5,000 ft. This is insane.----Bob

Hey all, I was hoping to get out this morning and hit a couple of new areas I found that no one has hit but the weatherman just did not quite get it right again. We got snow all around Redding and it is really windy and hard rain right now. I called the kids in Weaverville and the white stuff is coming down pretty hard at the old place just outside of town, 7 or 8 inches they said.

Montana, did you come up here to Redding ? Let me know ahead so I have time and I will get with you. PM me if you want to contact me and we can exchange info.

Thanks Again to all, I found some new areas so may have to go back to my hopped up ozzy 3000 that keeps on trying to act like a 5000.....TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Bob,

Once again we cannot see the ground here at 2700'..... Dogwood snow for sure!

Ray. We were hunting here in Amador county yesterday. I got up to Paradise last week to visit with Jason, but have never hunted the Redding area. I'm up for it though if the weather will cooperate. I'd love to see the GBpro working. I'm hearing nothing but good about it.----Bob

I started out hunting gold with a old DI Pro 6000 over at Sawtooth, Nevada, and that has been many years ago. I think alot of us that have detected for a great many years would come to the same conclusion that we are drawing to an end.

So the glory days of detecting for gold in the U.S. are behind us? That it's coming to an end....?? Sad :(

Are there no new areas to be had?

Hey all, Thanks for the comments.

Montana...........give me a holler when you are ready to come up.

AzOverland........I guess I did paint a pretty gloomy picture. Times are changing though and it is getting harder to find new areas. I was relating to my area. When I started hunting I had this area for 8 years before I ran across any one else with a detector. Now when I go out to any one of many areas to hunt I have to find a parking spot. The local mining shop never sold detectors, now a couple of the shops sell hundreds every several months. Good Luck

TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Hey all, Thanks for the comments.

Montana...........give me a holler when you are ready to come up.

AzOverland........I guess I did paint a pretty gloomy picture. Times are changing though and it is getting harder to find new areas. I was relating to my area. When I started hunting I had this area for 8 years before I ran across any one else with a detector. Now when I go out to any one of many areas to hunt I have to find a parking spot. The local mining shop never sold detectors, now a couple of the shops sell hundreds every several months. Good Luck

TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

loose lips sink ships