Sign in to follow this  
Explorer

Sluice Matting

Change of pace----I read on another forum of a new type of sluice matting. It is called "Vortex". It takes the place of both ribbed and nomad carpet. It is made of waterproof rubber. It's design is similar to riffles somewhat. It catches fine gold as well as chunkier pieces so some claim. Gold will not clog in it as that of nomad carpet.

Just wondering, has anyone tried it. Feedback welcome for us all.--Jim

Change of pace----I read on another forum of a new type of sluice matting. It is called "Vortex". It takes the place of both ribbed and nomad carpet. It is made of waterproof rubber. It's design is similar to riffles somewhat. It catches fine gold as well as chunkier pieces so some claim. Gold will not clog in it as that of nomad carpet.

Just wondering, has anyone tried it. Feedback welcome for us all.--Jim

The voteex matting is a conveyor belt material. I had the chance to use it in Arz about five weeks ago. I did not find any color but the matt did catch about a Quart of black sand. It did not matter what method I used, there was no color to be found, just lots of black sand. If the mat can catch the black sand then it stands to reason it would catch the fine gold. The Gold Cube uses the Vortex matting as its carpet/riffle material. You xcan look up the Gold Cube and check out the matting there.

Flairboater

Read several forum's and comments about the Vortex matting. Where/who sells it by the piece? Would appreciate a vendor number or address. What sizes does it come in?

Thanks