My buddy Dean and I got out for a hunt over the weekend. The weather down there in the desert was absolutely gorgeous! I love living in the high country, but come winter, those desert temperatures just can’t be beat. 

We did quite a bit of exploring this time and actually found a few pieces of gold in a new spot. It was basically a hillside covered in gravels with a gully cutting down through it. We could see where the old-timers had dry-washed along the gully, so we figured it was worth a shot. I went straight up the hill and in no time dug a small quartz/gold specimen. It wasn’t very large, but pretty with the gold laced through the rock. I pushed a bit further and was rewarded with another piece weighing about 3.5-grams. It was very rough and covered in caliche. By this time it was late in the day so I headed back towards where I had last seen Dean. When I found him he had also scored a nice nugget amongst the old diggings. We finished off the day with three pieces and an impressive collection of lead. 

It was a fun hunt, and after walking out the door this morning to 18 degrees I am already daydreaming of that beautiful T-shirt weather! Happy hunting everyone…:)

P.S. All found with the Minelab GPX detectors and Nugget Finder Evolution Coils. 

IMG_9568.jpg

IMG_9559.jpg

IMG_9577.jpg

I didn't want to leave the 70+* days! It was, as usual, a great hunt. The new ground holds promise for future successful hunts. 

Beat Up, What gold fields are you headed to? Best wishes for a safe and successful trip!

Dean