Mystery artifact from the Mother Lode!

A customer of mine over in the California just texted me this photo of an awesome find. He hiked way down into the bottom of a canyon and was hunting the bedrock along the river when he came across a good signal. After quite a bit of digging & chipping, out pops this incredible medallion! The characters appear to be Chinese, but I’ve never seen anything like it. It’s not rusty either, so I’m wondering what type of metal it might be. If anyone out there has any ideas as to what it could be, he would certainly enjoy hearing them. 

IMG_9936.JPG

IMG_9939.JPG

I just got word from the owner that he was able to find someone to translate. It reads "Invest a Little - Receive Great Wealth". 

Good bit of advice for gold prospectors, how cool!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Chris Gholson said:

That's a great find! Nuggets are always welcome, but sometimes artifacts like that are even better. Well done!

No doubt Chris..,,took a break from the lately illusive gold and did some  relic hunting instead. This was found in a Chinese camp in the southern Sierra foothills...

• 2 months later...