Howdy all!

I spent the last two weeks detecting in northern Nevada, and the weather couldn't have been more beautiful. In fact, it was by far the best I've ever seen for the area this time of year. Record highs were in effect as my trusty GPX-4000 led me to more golden goodies in some old hammered patches. :o Utilizing the new NF 14"E SL mono coil, I was digging so many nuggets at depth that it seemed like a brand new patch; it was simply unbelievable! On my last day out (yesterday) I scored a dozen bits of the good yella stuff, for a tally of 29 nuggets totalling an ounce all together. A nice end to a great season; all tolled, since I got my GPX-4000 in mid-November, I've dug 134 nuggets at a combined weight of 6.3 ounces - over half a pound of gold from beat-up patches! B)

Well, the party is over; it's back to work (ooh, the "W" word!). I'll be relegated to beepin' only on the weekends and holidays this summer as I toil in the soils lab up in north Idaho. :( Oh well, I am looking forward to taking the 4000 to some old patches up in the backwoods, anyways.

Before I go, I want to send a special thankyou to Bob "Montana" Dansie for taking time out of his busy schedule to do a little nuggetshooting with me and the folks this past winter; allthough it was brief, it was a lot of good fun. And definitely humbling to be in the presence of the master! :unsure: Thanks again, Bob!

Here are some digital selections from my fabulous winter adventure; enjoy, and the best of luck to everyone! :)

Nevada gold!

NF 14"E SL mono in action!

Dansie at his best!

Dansie's dinks!

Scenic vistas!

Hi Lunk,

Nice pictures, and what is even better is, that while you are working, you will not be such a threat to us guys who are retired and can't dig targets as fast as we used to...

Gary

Gee whiz Gary, I never thought of that; good point!!!

Here's a pic of the total take (no drooling on the keyboard, please.:) )

Lunk, Thats avery impressive winters haul. Those Nv. nuggetts are nice. did you run into ron west while in Nv. as he has been there for a couple weeks.He's the guy that was camped next to Me at Quartzite. After he watched you pluck those tiny nuggetts from the dome rock area he got a 4000 and hit the road.Go easy on that WORK thing itcan kill you, where days spent prospecting don't count against your lifetime.

Take care until we meet again. Harry :D

Thanks, guys. :)

Harry, I didn't run into Ron in Nevada although I would have liked to. I talked with him at the outing and he told me that his 4000 was on the way; he seemed pretty excited about it. I hope he scores big with it. And don't worry about my WORK thing - it's easy money; besides, I'll still get to go bippin' on the weekends and holidays. <_< Also, congrats on your killer Gold Basin find; it's tough to find a piece of gold there, let alone a decent chunk such as yours! Take 'er easy! :)

- Lunk -

Hi Lunk,

The only bad thing about the prospecting season is that it eventually comes to an end. At least you made this one count, and finished off with a nice haul of nuggets and got to spend time with friends. It was sure nice seeing you & your folks this winter. Be sure to drop us a line when you head back down next fall.

And the pictures you posted - they're awesome! :) I'd love some larger files to use on the AZO site if you got them, especially that pile of gold all spread out. Take care bud...

Thanks, Chris!

It was great seeing you all this winter as well, and the outing was fantastic as always; Mom sure likes the Minelab mugs! :)

I'll be happy to e-mail you some large files of those pics for the website. Take it easy! :)

- Lunk -

Anytime Reno, and thank you. :) The 4000 and I are going to give it one heck of a go up here anyways; we'll see what turns up. I'll keep you posted... :rolleyes:

- Lunk -