I have an article on page 42 about a home grown American invention (the HipStick) which is becoming increasingly popular here in Australia and felt Chris Porter deserved some cudo's for making such an excellent product. smile.gif I would also like to publicly thank you for introducing me to them during your trip to Australia in 2006 (Chris Porter kindly arranged for Chris G to bring a couple of prototypes for me to try), it was fun to see something come back this way across the pond after all the Aussie innovations I sent your way during our business dealings together. smile.gif

Jonathan

JP,

I did see your review in last month's issue. It is good to hear the HipStick has had such a warm welcome in Australia. A great product that saves a lot of wear & tear on the shoulder. I wish I could have had one when I first started swinging over ten years ago.

Hi Flak,

We still have a few of the March issues left in stock. I'd be happy to mail you one this week. Drop me an email, or call and let me know.

Jonathan;

Nice article, I always enjoy your writing and the style thereof...

the GG&T also has an article about an Aussie at Ganes Creek, Alaska using an xterra-70...it is good to see a variety of international articles in this magazine.

Thank you Chris for making the GG&T available here in the USA...$59.95 a year is a deal!!!

Fred

Hi Fred,

We should be thanking you; I believe you are going on your 6th year as a subscriber! :) I remember the first time I saw an issue was back in '98 in a store in Leonora, Western Australia. I liked the magazine so much I bought every back issue they had to read on the plane ride back home! From then on, every trip I made to Australia I always stocked up. A few of my friends here saw the magazines and wanted copies, so I decided to contact the publisher. He was a great guy and we were able to work a deal so that AZO could make them available to prospectors here in the US, and the rest is history. It's a great mag that only seems to be getting better & better...

Hi Flak,

I called and left a message, I believe with your wife, to let you know I will have an issue shipped to you this week. Thanks & enjoy!

JP,

I did see your review in last month's issue. It is good to hear the HipStick has had such a warm welcome in Australia. A great product that saves a lot of wear & tear on the shoulder. I wish I could have had one when I first started swinging over ten years ago.

I literally can't keep the HipSticks on the shelves :blink: , with dealers ringing every other day wanting more since the article in GG&T, which is why I was surprised you haven't mentioned the March issue on your forum like you usually do. :unsure:

I remember recommending AZO to Mark Thomas as a possible US distributor of GG&T back in 2003/2004, it seems to have been a good thing for both of you. :)

JP

I assure you Chris that I am the one to be grateful, you can't be making much profit on the GG&T considering the time and postage involved...

I suppose there is a bit of common-man snobbery when I see some place or person that I have been to or met mentioned in the magazine and I can say that I have been there, done that...Hopefully when I retire next year I can get some of the folks that have made invitations to me to come through....and I can spend a few months in the wonderful world of Oz...

Fred

Hello Chris,

I cant thank you enough for introducing the HipStick to OZ. It was Flak that insisted I get you samples to take to JP on your vacation. (thanks Flak!)

If you have any March issues left please send me one and a subscription please.

Got any of those black Nugget finder baseball caps in stock, mine is looking pretty ratty.

Hi NVChris,

No problem. I'll have a subscription started for you this week and will include one of the back issues with JP's review. Also, we do have some the black embroidered NF caps in the S-M size left, which is the size most people wear. The one you have now, is it S-M or L-XL? The tag on the inside should let you know.

By the way, did you make contact with Scott? I haven't heard from him in some time and am hoping all is well with his father.

Thanks Chris,

The hat size is XL so looks like I'll try the dishwasher again :)

No word from Scott. I did get ahold of his brother (he said both were in good health) and he passed along the message for me. Hopefully its just spring nugget fever.

nvchris

• 7 years later...

Hi Bill,

We don't handle the GGT magazine subscriptions anymore for the US, however I believe they are still publishing it. Mark Thomas was the Editor when I dealt with them. The last email I have is: magworks@ozemail.com.au.

I hope that helps. I'll post any more info. if I come across it.