Has anyone field tested this unit????????? PS...Hope to see everyone at the G-Show next weekend

I just picked one up for my wife to use, Its for my wife to use to comp my pulse anyway will try it out in AZ for the next 3 weeks along with mine.. a friend is going with me and he will be using it so I will let everyone know how it does...

Rick

When talking to Fisher they said it will not be avail now until this summer. I'm still a huge fan of minelabs pulse and the TDI I just wanted to have a vlf to offset them so this will be a good experiment.

Rick

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone field tested this unit????????? PS...Hope to see everyone at the G-Show next weekend

I promised I wouldget back to you after 2 weeks of using the new gold bug and here is the best info I can provide. First of it did find some small crumbs that my TDI would not pick up. It was very responsive to the ground and noisey as well around hot rocksthe meter will gice a reading of 40 when passing over them. It was very good at detecting between 3 to 8 inches or so with a great chansaw sound for most junk 22 shells, lead ect. we had to play with the disc switch alot to rule out the junk from a good reading, it seemed to jump from 30to 55 alot andgive off a beep vice a grrr. However when it came over the gold it was a load gerr with a clear signal and reading of 60 each time when the gold was found. Most of the time and while finding the gold we had the disc turned down to almost all metal. Not sure if we would of found it if the disc was turned up.

I think its a good machine but in my openion the goldbug 2 is a better machine

Hope this helps