Stepped out the door this morning here in Congress as I do each morning to check the sky. Wind was howling so I figured it wouldn't be good before I even got out the door. Sure enough a look over toward Stanton and the sky was BLACK! Not a good sign for a day out in the desert. Only benefit I can see is that if it rains real hard maybe we'll have a new crop of nuggets sprout in the pounded washes! Stay dry out there! Might be a day to visit Cabelas in Phoenix!

Mike F.

Yea, the first weekend I have a chance to stay a night out in the feild since I got a detector and there's a 70% chance of rain, wind gusts up to 49mph and a low of 37. Tell you what it's a heck of a nice morning down here in Tucson so far. If I wasn't workin' I'd already be out there. Maybe I'll go anyhow......

Lunk, Ya should be up here in Redding. It snowed all day Thursday. We had about 2" in the park but the areas to the west got a lot more. Doesn't snow very often in Redding.

Goldbug Ron

Yikes...if this is global warming, I'd sure hate to see global cooling! :huh:

Motel parking lot here in Congress has good sized puddles and it is still coming down. I smell a new crop of nuggets in the washes coming up. and I have found damp ground tends to be more willing to announce the presence of nuggets than melba toast dry ground does. So even if the washes don't provide a new crop at least the remaining nuggets will be somewhat easier to rescue from the desert!

Mike F

The rain changed to snow in a hurry up here. It took me about 40 minutes to drive 5 miles. Visibility was terrible and many vehicles sliding around and off the road. Nasty stuff, I'd recommend postponing a trip to the high country this weekend if you can.

Well my guys tell me it rained all day at Rich Hill. They worked with greenhorns under tarps on claims out in the flats south of the hill, and said it was miserable (40-33 degrees) - but colorful! They must have been under the west end of a rainbow, because everybody went home with some flake in their pokes! I'll post the pics when I get 'em! - Terry

Tom what are you saying .....your'e a fair weather fisherman ???

No lie big guy . Between me and Gold Basin and Lost Basin is a big honkin' wash that is impassable when it rains . In order to get around it I would have to drive a bunch of extra miles . I spent $114 on gas the other day filling up my truck and extra gas cans AND my VW Baja is still on half a tank . I don't mind spending BUT there is a limit .I'll be out there , just not soon . You and Nellybelle have fun .